Job Posting Summary
Position Title: Online Information Coordinator
Position Type: Ten Month Limited Term Contract, 40 hours per week.
Compensation: $21.44 per hour.
Benefits: Flexible Work Environment, Mileage Reimbursement.
Purpose of the position:
To assist the member libraries of the Lakeshores and Arrowhead library systems by 1) coordinating their online presence through library websites, social media channels, and mobile apps, and 2) creating content suitable for library social media channels and websites.
Duties and Responsibilities (Variable According to Individual Strengths)
- Survey and analyze existing library websites and social media channels.
- Identify and document opportunities for improvement of library websites and social media channels.
- Identify and evangelize opportunities and goals for achieving greater coordination among the web and social media channels of the libraries.
- Work with the ALS Public Information Coordinator and LLS IT Manager to develop, present, and execute specific actions to achieve identified goals in collaboration with library staff members and librarian advisory committees.
- Plan and coordinate technical aspects of identified actions with the LLS IT team.
- Consult with libraries on implementing new websites and features.
- Assist libraries in setting-up, maintaining, and updating library websites in a WordPress environment.
- Train library staff on how to add content to and maintain their websites.
- Assist libraries with implementing online newsletters.
- Perform an annual review of online and social media content, including usage statistics, with each member library.
- Assist in creating miscellaneous web and social media content, including web pages, social media posts, and graphic design items of content.
Information about the Arrowhead and Lakeshores Library Systems
- Arrowhead Library System Information: www.als.lib.wi.us/site/about/about-us
- Lakeshores Library System Information: www2.lakeshores.lib.wi.us/aboutcontact
Read the full job description by downloading this Online Information Coordinator PDF.
To Apply for this Position
Send the following materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter
- Current resume
- One example of previous work in graphic design, web development, or marketing content.
- Preference will be given to applications received prior to December 15th, 2021.
NOTE: applicants selected for interviews will be asked to provide a portfolio of previous work examples.