Small Business Chrome Kits
Forty-eight of Small Business Chrome Kits are now available for check-out through Rock County’s public libraries. A free library card is needed to check out a kit. It is easy to get a library card, bring a photo ID and proof of address (like a bill) to any Rock County public library. They’ll ask a few questions about contact information and notification preferences and you’ll have a card in- hand in under 10 minutes.
To support growth of Rock County small businesses by eliminating technological barriers such as access to computers and Internet services, and by providing LivePlan software to help develop a Post-COVID business and sustainability plan.
What is LivePlan?
LivePlan is the business planning and management software created to support the success of small businesses and entrepreneurs. You’ll receive step-by-step instructions as soon as you login. Your business planning process is made easy with prompts, definitions of key terms, and video and text tutorials built right into LivePlan.
If you’d like additional help creating a small business plan, please contact the Rock County Small Business Development Center.
Additional Small Business Resources:
Rock County Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
The SBDC at Rock County helps entrepreneurs succeed at any stage. They offer no-cost, confidential consulting and business education.
Kathryn Jackson, Business Consultant
Rock County COVID-19 Grant and Loan Funding for Small Businesses and Nonprofits
Need-based funding programs designed to stabilize, strengthen and/or restart business operations negatively impacted by COVID-19.
More details at rcbizgrants.org
What is in the kit?
- 1 Chromebook computer and protective case
- 1 hotspot
- Eligibility for a free LivePlan business planning software license/account.
Send the file to be printed to the library’s email below, then see a staff member to collect and pay for prints.
- Beloit (black): firstname.lastname@example.org
Beloit (color): email@example.com
- Clinton (black): firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinton (color): email@example.com
- Edgerton: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Evansville: email@example.com
- Hedberg: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Milton: email@example.com
- Orfordville: firstname.lastname@example.org
Laptop or hotspot issues?
Please contact the issuing library: contact information.
Checkouts, Returns, and Holds
- Use your free public library card to check out a Small Business Chrome Kit.
Need a library card? Bring your photo ID and proof of address (like a bill) to your favorite library!
- LivePlan software requires a license/account. Ask a library staff member or contact the Rock County Small Business Development Center (608-400-6784) to set up an account.
- Kits are checked out for 2 weeks at a time. Contact your library to request a kit renewal or hold. Library computer and Internet use policies apply, see your library for details.
- Kits must be returned inside a library – do not return in a book drop. Hotspot service will be disabled if kit is overdue. Kits are subject to overdue, loss, and damage fines/fees.