Arrowhead Library System brings you apps which help you enjoy library materials anywhere you go. Grab your library card and follow the quick instructions below to set up these apps. Once you’ve entered your library card you shouldn’t need to enter it ever again –you’ll be able to enjoy digital entertainment on the go card-free!
BookMyne for iOS | BookMyne for Android is temporarily unavailable
To be notified when BookMyne for Android devices is available again,
send us an email using this link.
BookMyne makes it quick and easy to access your local library on the go! Search your library’s catalog, download items, manage your account, and find suggested reading instantly with your Android device.
- Search for items in your library’s catalog by title, author, subject, or general keyword and place holds on interesting items
- Download Project Gutenberg books from your library’s catalog for reading on your mobile device
- Keep track of your account with dynamic notifications and view your checked-out items, holds, fines, and account information
- View your digital checkouts including from Hoopla and Libby
- Add books, CDs, DVDs, and other media to your bookshelves for later reading or recommending to friends
- Find suggested reading: Check out the latest best-selling titles
- Use your device’s camera to scan the barcode on a book, CD, DVD, or
other itemat a friend’s house or bookstore and search for available copies at your library
- Search for libraries by name or browse a list of nearby libraries
- Includes French, German, Spanish, Chinese and Arabic language versions
LIBBY (powered by OverDrive)
Meet Libby–the brand new app from OverDrive. Discover ebooks and audiobooks from your local library you can borrow instantly (or place a hold on), for free, using your library card and phone or tablet. It takes just a few taps to find and borrow a book. Libby has a ground-breaking built-in ebook
- Fish out your library card
- Open the Libby app
- Find your local library
- Search, sample, borrow, enjoy
- Browse these User Hints & Tips (Printable PDF)
- Sign in to multiple libraries, with one or more library cards
- Stay signed in for as long as you like
- Download books and audiobooks for offline reading, or stream them to save space
- Sample any book with a tap – nothing to download or delete
- Try a zoomable graphic novel, or a picture book with read-along audio
- All your holds and loans are consolidated on a single shelf
- Tag titles as read, loved, hated, wishlist, beach-reading, or whatever you like
- Your loans, holds, reading positions, bookmarks and notes are synchronized automatically across all your devices
- Keep track of your reading history in the Activity tab
Instantly borrow eBooks, audiobooks, comics, music, movies & TV – 24/7 and FREE on your phone or tablet using your library card. Six formats all in one app for a simple to use multimedia content experience! Your items return automatically and never garner late fees.
- TV Shows
- Music Albums
- Read Along ebooks – coming soon!
- Comic Books
- Action View on comics
- FULL album releases from the most popular artists
- Multiple playback speeds on audiobooks
- More fonts, formatting options, themes, and etc. on eBooks.
- ALL content can be downloaded to enjoy offline and we now support downloading to an SD card.
- Supported by Androidtv, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon FireTV, Chromecast, Amazon Alexa
- Chromecast (1st and 2nd generation)
Read eBooks. Best-selling authors. New release titles. Classics and crowd-pleasers. Your local public library’s digital collection has it all. Find your next book and start reading. Listen to audiobooks. Enjoy your favorite audiobooks in the mobile app, or on your computer. Our desktop app supports transfer to a variety of devices and in many cases, burning to CD for listening on the road. Watch video. Choose from a large collection of movies and TV shows. Borrow feature films, comedies, documentaries, children’s favorites, and more from within the mobile app.
- BiblioBoard’s SELF-e Select collection (a pilot program)
- Easy to find menus make all app features, including your bookshelf, library websites, and bookmarks just a swipe or tap away.
- Change font size, margin, contrast and more to suit your style.
- Sync bookmarks and libraries across Android and iOS devices.
- Change audiobook playback speed from 1/2 speed (.5x) to double speed (2x).
- Available for iPhone®, iPad®, Android, Chromebook, Windows 8 & 10, Kindle Fire HD
1,000 BOOKS BEFORE KINDERGARTEN
The concept is simple, the rewards are priceless. Read a book (any book) to your newborn, infant, and/or toddler. The goal is to have read 1,000 books (yes you can repeat books) before your precious one starts kindergarten. Does it sound hard? Not really if you think about it. If you read just 1 book a night, you will have read about 365 books in a year. That is 730 books in two years and 1,095 books in three years. If you consider that most children start kindergarten at around 5 years of age, you have more time than you think (so get started).
Did we mention there are prizes every time you finish 100 books? The 1000 Books Before Kindergarten app lets you keep track of your reading activity quickly and easily.
- Download and install the app
- Creare an account, be sure to share your e-mail address for book suggestions and reading tips
- Choose your library
- Start Reading
- Scan books into your library
- Keep track of reading activity for multiple readers
- Track your progress to 1000 books!
- Available in Spanish
- Update library location if user moves
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Achievements, as they are unlocked, can be shared to Facebook, Twitter, Messenger
- Add books to the book list multiple times with the touch of a button: â€œAdd book againâ€
- Email the list of books read as a keepsake
- Sort book list Title A-Z and Author A-Z
- Sort by Date (Oldest to Newest)
- Search for books previously read
Today, there are great apps and platforms for just about everything. But what about for libraries? Enter BiblioBoard®—the PatronsFirst™ mobile library. BiblioBoard is elegant, intuitive and aligned with the ReadersFirst movement.
On BiblioBoard, you’ll find hundreds of digital books, images, articles, documents, videos and audio from around the world and across time, curated by subject and accessible from anywhere. Don’t miss the Indie Wisconsin Collection featuring independent Wisconsin authors.
Read more about the BiblioBoard Library collections at WPLC’s website.
- High-Resolution Images
- Offline Bookshelf—Download your favorite pieces for easy viewing, anytime
- Bookmarks and Notes—Earmark your favorite pages and jot down your thoughts
multi-uselimits or turnaways
- No checkouts or returns
- Free and fantastic Patron Technical Support
- Single-tap reading on all mobile platforms
- And more!