ALS member libraries voted to continue the tradition of hosting a booth at the Rock County 4-H Fair in Janesville. Word-of-mouth is the most powerful marketing tool on earth, let’s use it to promote upcoming events and services at our libraries. Please check your calendars and sign up to work the booth with a colleague, friend, or family member for at least one shift during fair week Tuesday, July 24 through Sunday, July 29, 2018! This may be considered official library outreach–check with your supervisor for details about how your library handles this opportunity.
How to sign up:
- Use our new, easy to use online registration site – no account needed.
STEP ONE: Select the shift(s) you desire by clicking the “Sign up” button next to it.
STEP TWO: Click the “Submit and Sign Up” button at the bottom of the screen.
STEP THREE: Fill out the short form with your contact information and submit it.
- ALS will provide you a free pass to get into the fair. Enjoy the fair before or after your shift.
- Shifts are from 10am-2pm, 2pm-6pm, and 6pm-10pm
- Promote library cards and your favorite library service at the booth. Apply temporary tattoos or stickers.
What to do:
- Applying temporary tattoos to people of all ages.
- Answer occasional general questions about libraries and library services.
- Promote libraries and your favorite services or events.
- Engage with passersby and be friendly.
- # 3 under the Grandstand
Rock County Fairgrounds, 1301 Craig Ave, Janesville, WI 53545
Contact Tovah Anderson with questions – firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-868-2872.