Recycled Bottle Sun Catchers
Make a colorful suncatcher you can use inside or outside with just a few items from around the house.
- Plaster water/soda bottle
- Permanent markers
- Yarn or String
Following Directions Grid Game
Fun game that combines following directions with map skills activities.
- Compass Rose (or draw on paper)
Learn ways we can talk about the sounds we hear and what makes one sound different than another.
- Drinking glasses (3)
- Printed Worksheet
- Optional: food coloring
The Cardinal Rose
Learn about the compass rose and a quick way to remember the 4 cardinal directions.
- Wisconsin Highway Map
– Print a map off the Internet or
– Request free map bit.ly/3dbuNWk
Telling Stories with Maps
Join Ms. Lizzie for a Library Short weaving storytelling and maps.
- Unlined paper
- Markers, crayons, or colored pencils
Mystery Bag Game
Practice mindfulness by creating a sensory “map into the world” with a mystery bag game.
- Bag (preferably not see-through)
- Small objects (nothing sharp)
Call your library for details on how to pick up a pre-printed packet!