608-868-7462 | EMAIL US | 430 E. HIGH ST. MILTON, WI 53563
Sign up for our newsletter!
Mystery Book Club
This group meets generally meets on the third Tuesday of the month, at 6:30 pm. Informal discussions are led by Ethel Himmel. Anyone who has read the book is welcome to attend.
2023 Book List
- 11/21 Shadow Ridge, by M.E. Browning
2024 Book List
- 1/16 The Thursday Murder Club, by Richard Osman
- 2/20 What Angels Fear, by C.S. Harris
- 3/19 The Maid, by Nita Prose
- 4/16 Clouds of Witness, by Dorothy Sayers
- 5/21 A Death in Door County, by Annelise Ryan
- 6/18 Under the Cold Bright Lights, by Garry Disher
- 7/16 Killers of a Certain Age, by Deanna Raybourn
- 8/20 The Kingdoms of Savannah, by George Dawes Green
- 9/17 The Ultimatum, by Karen Robards
- 10/15 Don’t Know Tough, by Eli Crano
- 11/19 A Borrowing of Bones, by Paula Munier
American Lives Book Club
This group meets on the Second Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm. The American Lives is a non-traditional book group that focuses on the lives of influential Americans. It will focus on the person rather than the book. Choose to read one or more biographies about our subject, each book on the list presents
Participants are invited to read additional biographies as well.
Tuesday, December 12, 2023 – 6:30 PM – James Madison: Father of the Constitution and the President Who Coveted Canada
- James Madison, by Richard Brookhiser
- The Three Lives of James Madison: Genius, Partisan, President, by Noah Feldman
- James Madison: A Life Reconsidered, by Lynne Cheney
- Madison and Jefferson, by Andrew Burstein
Tuesday, January 9, 2024 – 6:30 PM – James Monroe – Looking Westward
- The Quest for National Identity, by Harry Ammon
- The Last Founding Father: James Monroe and a Nation’s Call to Greatness, by Harlow Giles Unger
- James Monroe, by Gary Hart
Tuesday, February 13, 2024 – 6:30 PM – John Quincy Adams
- John Quincy Adams: A Public Life. A Private Life, by Paul Nagel
- John Quincy Adams, by Robert Remini
- John Quincy Adams: American Visionary, by Fred Kaplan
- The Lost Founding Father: John Quincy Adams and the Transformation of American Politics, by William Cooper
Tuesday, March 12, 2024 – 6:30 PM – America’s First Nations and the Presidents – George Washington Through Andrew Jackson
- The Indian World of George Washington, by Collin Calloway
- American Indians – American Presidents: A History, by National Museum of the American Indian
- Autobiography of Ma-Ka-Tai-Me-She-Kia-Kiak, or Black Hawk, by Black Hawk
- Tecumseh and the Prophet: The Heroic Struggle for America’s Heartland, by Peter Cozzens
- Jacksonland: President Andrew Jackson, Cherokee Chief John Ross, and a Great American Land Grab, by Steve Inskeep
Monday: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Tuesday: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday : 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sunday: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Last Updated on December 8, 2023.