608-868-7462 | EMAIL US | 430 E. HIGH ST. MILTON, WI 53563
Sign up for our newsletter!
Mystery Book Club
This group meets generally meets on the third Tuesday of the month, at 6:30 pm. Informal discussions are led by Ethel Himmel. Anyone who has read the book is welcome to attend.
2022 Book List
- 1/18 The Searcher, by Tana French
- 2/15 Winter Count, by David Heska Wanbli Weiden
- 3/15 Love Me to Death, by Allison Brennan
- 4/19 The Survivors, by Jane Harper
- 5/17 Leave No Trace, by Mindy Mejia
- 6/21 A Song for the Dark Times, by Ian Rankin
- 7/19 Dark Hollow, by John Connolly
- 8/16 Lost Lake, by Emily Littlejohn
- 9/20 Figure Eight, by Jeff Nania
- 10/18 We Begin at the End, by Chris Whitaker
- 11/15 Murder at the Mena House, by Erica Ruth Neubaur
American Lives Discussion
This group meets on the Second Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm. The American Lives is a non-traditional book group that focuses on the lives of influential Americans. It will focus on the person rather than the book. Choose to read one or more biographies about our subject, each book on the list presents
Participants are invited to read additional biographies as well.
Tuesday, January 11, 2022 – 6:30 PM – Inventive Minds
- Thomas Alva Edison
- Edison, by Edmund Morris
- Henry Ford
- The People’s Tycoon: Henry Ford and the American Century, by Steven Watts
- Heddy Lamarr
- Beautiful: The Life of Heddy Lamarr, by Stephen Michael Shearer
- George Washington Carver
- George Washington Carver: A Life, by Christina Vella
- Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, Harvey Firestone, Alexis Carrel, and Charles Lindbergh
- Uncommon Friends: Life with Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, Harvey Firestone, Alexis Carrel, and Charles Lindbergh, by James Newton
Tuesday, February 8, 2022 – 6:30 PM – Justices for All
- Antonin Scalia
- American Original: The Life and Constitution of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, by Joan Biskupic
- Thurgood Marshall
- Thurgood Marshall: American Revolutionary, by Juan Williams
- Earl Warren
- Justice for All: Earl Warren and the Nation He Mad, by Jim Newton
- William Brennan
- Justice Brennan: Liberal Champion, by Seth Stern
- Sandra Day O’Connor & Ruth Bader Ginsberg
- Sisters in Law: How Sandra Day O’Connor and Ruth Bader Ginsburg Went to the Supreme Court and Changed the World, by Linda R. Hirshman
Tuesday, March 8, 2022 – 6:30 PM – The Muckrakers
- Ida Tarbell
- Ida Tarbell: Portrait of a Muckraker, by Kathleen Brady
- Upton Sinclair
- Upton Sinclair: California Socialist, Celebrity, Intellectual, by Upton Sinclair
- Lincoln Steffens
- I Have Seen the Future: A Life of Lincoln Steffens, by PeterHartshorn
- Ida B. Wells
- Crusade for Justice: The Autobiography of Ida B. Wells, by Ida B. Wells-Barnett & Ada B. Wells
- Ida Tarbell, Upton Sinclair, and Lincoln Steffens
- Muckrakers: How Ida Tarbell, Upton Sinclair, and Lincoln Steffens Helped Expose Scandal, Inspire Reform, and Invent Investigative Journalism, by Ann Bausum & David Schorr
Monday: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Tuesday: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday : 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sunday: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.