Mystery Book Club
This group meets generally meets on the third Tuesday of the month, at 6:30 pm in the library. Informal discussions are led by Ethel Himmel. Anyone who has read the book is welcome.
- 1/21 – Bury Your Dead by Louise Penny
- 2/18 – Scrublands by Chris Hammer
- 3/17 – Slow Dollar by Margaret Maron
- 4/21 – Undertaker’s Daughter by Sara Blaedel
- 5/19 – Smoke and Ashes by Abir Mukherjee
- 6/16 – The Poacher’s Son by Paul Doiron
- 7/21 – The Life We Bury by Allen Eskens
- 8/18 – Mardi Gras Murder by Ellen Byron
- 9/15 – The Boy by Tami Hoag
- 10/20 – The Cold, Cold Ground by Adrian Mckinty
- 11/17 – Bethlehem Road by Anne Perry
American Lives Discussion
This group typically meets on the Second Tuesday of the month. The American Lives group will be a little different than a typical book group. It will focus on the person rather than the book. Choose to read one or more biographies about our subject, each book on the list presents
Recommended Reading List
Participants are invited to read additional biographies as well.
January 14, 2020: Franklin Delano Roosevelt
- Jean Edward Smith – FDR
- H. W. Brands – Traitor to His Class: The Privileged Life and Radical Presidency of FDR
- Doris Kearns Goodwin – No Ordinary Time: Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt
February 11, 2020: Harry S Truman
- David McCullough – Truman
- A. J. Baime – The Accidental President: Harry S. Truman and the Four Months that Changed the World
- Alonzo Hamby – Man of the People: A Life of Harry S. Truman
March 10, 2020: Harding, Coolidge, and the Roaring 20s
- John W. Dean – Warren G. Harding
- Robert Sobel – Coolidge: An American Enigma
- Nathan Miller – New World Coming: The 1920s and the Making of Modern America
- Daniel Okrent – Last Call: The Rise and Fall of Prohibition
- David Cannadine – Mellon: An American Life
April 14, 2020: Herbert Hoover
- Eugene Lyons – Herbert Hoover: A Biography
- William Leuchtenburg – Herbert Hoover
- Richard Norton Smith – An Uncommon Man: The Triumph of Herbert Hoover
May 12, 2020: Dwight David Eisenhower
- Jean Edward Smith – Eisenhower in War and Peace
- Stephen Ambrose – Eisenhower: Soldier and President
- Carlos D’Este – Eisenhower: A Soldier’s Life
- Geoffrey Perret – Eisenhower
June 9, 2019: John F. Kennedy
- Robert Dallek – An Unfinished Life: John F. Kennedy 1917 – 1963
- Doris Kearns Goodwin – The Fitzgeralds and the Kennedys
- Richard Reeves – President Kennedy: Profile in Power
July 14, 2020: Lyndon Baines Johnson
- Robert Caro – The Path to Power (Volume 1), Means of Ascent (Volume 2), Master of the Senate (Volume 3), The Passage of Power (Volume 4)
- Doris Kearns Goodwin – Lyndon Johnson and the American Dream
- Robert Dallek – Lyndon B. Johnson: Portrait of a President
430 E High St, Milton, WI
Monday-Tuesday: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Wednesday-Friday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sunday: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
The Milton Public Library opens doors for curious minds, nurtures learning and creativity, creates opportunities and enriches lives by bringing people and ideas together!