Mystery Book Club
This group meets generally meets on the third Tuesday of the month, at 6:00 pm on Zoom. Informal discussions are led by Ethel Himmel. Anyone who has read the book is welcome. To get the Zoom link, email email@example.com.
2021 Book List
- 1/19 The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith
- 2/16 Jar of Hearts by Jennifer Hillier
- 3/16 The Drifter by Nick Petrie
- 4/20 A Royal Affair by Allison Montclair
- 5/18 Broke Places by Tracy Clark
- 6/15 The Satapur Moonstone by Sujata Massey
- 7/20 The Long Road to Mercy by David Baldacci
- 8/17 The Crow Trap by Ann Cleeves
- 9/21 The Cold Way Home by Julia Keller
- 10/19 Perish by Lisa Black
- 11/16 Lost Tomorrows by Matt Coyle
American Lives Discussion
This group meets on the Second Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm on Zoom. The American Lives group will be a little different than a typical book group. It will focus on the person rather than the book. Choose to read one or more biographies about our subject, each book on the list presents
Participants are invited to read additional biographies as well.
Tuesday, March 9, 2021 – 6:30 PM – Jane Addams, Dorothea Dix, Mary McLeod Bethune, Frances Perkins
- Louise W. Knight – Jane Addams: Spirit in Action
- Jane Kirkpatrick – One Glorious Ambition: The Compassionate Crusade of Dorothea Dix
- Joyce A. Hanson – Mary McLeod Bethune and Black Women’s Political Activism
- Kirstin Downey – The Woman Behind the New Deal: The Life of Frances Perkins, FDR’S Secretary of Labor and His Moral Conscience
Tuesday, April 13, 2021 – 6:30 PM – Immigrants Who Made a Difference
- featuring Dolores Huerta, Mother Jones, Rose Schneiderman, and Kao Kalia Lang
Tuesday, May 11, 2021 – 6:30 PM – Movers and Shakers
- featuring Margaret Chase Smith, Shirley Chisholm, and Barbara Jordan
430 E High St, Milton, WI
Library Hours-Curbside Service Only
Monday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Tuesday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday : 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.