CAREER & JOB SEARCH RESOURCES
Don't know where to start? How about here.
Wisconsin Job Centers help bring employers and job seekers together. Job Centers help workers to succeed in the world of work by connecting them to: jobs, training, career information, and support services
Rock County Job Center
1900 Center Avenue
Janesville, WI 53546
- Visit the Job Centers of Wisconsin Website
Before You Apply, Consider These Items:
A cover letter highlights your qualifications. shows you are a fit for the specific job to which you are applying. is unique to each position. It gives employers a sense of your personality, motivation, and writing style.
A resume helps land an interview. It’s a a record of work experience, professional achievements, education, skills, certifications, and other details that make the case for the job. Be sure to include measurable outcomes/achievements if possible.
Many employers will ask for References in order to confirm your job history, past performance, and to determine if your interview responses were truthful.
Note: Never list a reference without speaking to them first to make sure they are willing to speak positively on your behalf.
Thank You Notes
Yes, you really do need to send thank you notes or emails to all those involved in your interview. It shows that a candidate is actually interested in the job/company and would be a thoughtful coworker.
Try These Library Resources
Services at Our Library
Please call the library to verify services are available and may be suspended due to COVID-19.
- Internet & Wi-Fi – also available in our library parking lots
- Public Computers
- Printing – $.10 per page
- Answers to specific questions
- Faxing – $1.00 per page
- Gale Courses – 6-week online classes
- LinkedIn Learning – on demand video tutorials
- Brainfuse HelpNow: Adult Learners – Career resources & resume tips/review
- LearningExpress Library – Career preparation & exam resources through BadgerLink
- 1-on-1 Appointments for resumés, applications, or job search help
430 E High St, Milton, WI
Monday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Tuesday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday : 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.