RESERVE A ROOM
Milton Community Room
Amenities: TV with HDMI & USB ports, whiteboard, coat rack, outside window
Amenities: Smart TV with Apple AirPlay, power outlets, whiteboard, outside window
Break Room (Lower Level)
Amenities: Sink, standard power outlets
Private Study Room 1
Amenities: USB power outlets
Private Study Room 2
Amenities: USB power outlets
Private Study Room 3
Amenities: USB power outlets, outside window
Meeting and Study Room Policy
Public meeting rooms and study rooms are available for use to an individual or organized group at the Milton
Public Library. Scheduling will be limited, when necessary, to ensure equitable access to the facilities for the
entire community. The fact that a group is permitted to meet at the Library does not in any way constitute an
endorsement of the group’s policies or beliefs of the Library staff or Board. All rooms are available as a free
public service. However, donations are always accepted.
The library board may make exceptions to any part of the following policy if the board deems extenuating
circumstances are involved. Furthermore, the Library Board and staff do not assume any liability for groups or
individuals using a room at the Library.
1. Break Room (lower level) for 40 people
2. Red Hawk Room (1st floor) for 6 people
a. Available equipment: Smart TV with Apple AirPlay, power outlets, and whiteboard
3. Nancy and David Lader Community Room (2nd floor) for 25 people
a. Available equipment: TV with USB and HDMI ports, power outlets, whiteboard, and coat rack
4. Study Room #1 (2nd floor) for 2 people
5. Study Room #2 (2nd floor) for 2 people
6. Study Room #3 (2nd floor) for 4 people
• Rooms can be reserved by calling the library at 608-868-7462 or in person at either circulation desk, and
are reserved with name, phone number, and time frame needed.
• Library programming has first priority in room use, otherwise, rooms are booked or made available on a
“first come, first serve” basis.
• Rooms are only available during library hours, unless otherwise approved by the Library Director.
• Study Rooms 1-3 may be reserved for up to 3 hours. A room may be used longer if no one else is
waiting to use the room.
• All rooms may be reserved up to three months in advance.
• If a room user, who has reserved a room, does not show up within 15 minutes of their reserved time,
then the room will be made available to others.
• If necessary, the Library reserves the right to transfer individuals or a group to another room in the
• If a room is no longer needed, the room user shall notify Library staff as soon as possible.
• Events, programs, and activities organized, sponsored, or conducted by the Library.
• Studying by an individual or group.
• Club events (veterans, school, youth, sports, services, etc.).
• Meetings (businesses, not-for profits, unions, associations, political parties, etc.)
• Home school classes, meetings, events, etc.
• Religious organizations (meetings, clubs, events).
• Political meetings, candidate forums, legislator “listening sessions,” etc.
• Legal negotiations, proceedings, conflict resolutions, depositions, etc.
• Test proctoring by the library or non-profit organizations.
• Tutoring. However, tutors who charge for services may use a study room on a limited basis to allow
availability for other users. Paid tutors are limited to 6 hours per week. Furthermore, paid tutors may not
publish or distribute letters indicating the library as their place of doing business or otherwise imply
library sponsorship of their activities.
• Commercial events (where products, services, or memberships are advertised, solicited, or sold)
including educational classes or seminars, which charge a fee.
• Conducting private business that may include presentations to prospective clients for paid services
and/or solicitation of goods.
• A group may not charge admission for their meeting or event.
• Gambling, in any form.
• Any event that could be considered a party, including personal and family birthday parties, receptions,
showers, etc. An exception may be made for groups to use the Break Room with permission from the
• Any event that is disruptive of normal library operations or services.
• Any other activity or behavior that violates the Library’s Code of Conduct policy.
• Groups or individuals using a room shall not publicize their event in any way that implies that is it
sponsored, co-sponsored, endorsed, or approved by the Library, unless permission to do so has been
given in advanced by the Library Director.
• The Library is not responsible for any equipment, supplies, materials, clothing, or other items brought to
the Library by any group or individual attending a meeting. Anything left behind will be placed in the
Lost and Found.
• Chairs and tables will be provided, but must be arranged by the group according to their needs. Users are
responsible for returning furniture and equipment to the proper locations within the room.
• Light refreshments may be served and shall be provided by the group. If a group wishes to provide a
larger meal, they may reserve the Break Room only.
• Users are responsible for cleaning up after themselves, including taking out the garbage and for any
damage resulting from their use. The Library has a broom, dustpan, and vacuum available for use. The
room should be left in a neat, clean, orderly condition.
• Lights and equipment are to be turned off.
• City of Milton Fire Department’s occupancy limits will be observed at all times.
The Quiet Room cannot be reserved by groups or individuals, but is available for those library users who prefer
to do their solitary reading, studying, or thinking in quiet surroundings. The following rules should be followed
at all times:
• Cell phones must be turned off or silenced. Cell phone conversations are not allowed, but calls can be
taken in the lobby or outside.
• Use of electronics is allowed, but the volume must be on mute or headphones must be used.
• Conversations are not allowed except in cases where staff needs to communicate with persons using the
430 E High St, Milton, WI
Monday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Tuesday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday : 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.