Use your library card to check out these kits!
The Discovery Kits Collection aims to provide engaging learning experiences for patrons both inside and outside of the library. The Discovery Kits include materials for hands-on learning on the topics of science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics. The purpose of this collection is to be a catalyst for discovery and education. This collection was created with funds from a Science Kits for Public Libraries Grant awarded by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) – Region 4.
Check out any of the kits below–explore their contents in the SHARE catalog.
Jump Link: Show me the kits!
Discovery Kits Circulation Policy
- Kits can only be checked out at the Eager Free Public Library.
- The checkout period for a kit is 2 weeks.
- Kits can be renewed 2 times. Renewals are only allowed if there are no holds on the kids. Patrons can renew the kit at the library or in SHARE.
- Kits can be checked out by library staff at other SHARE libraries. Kits will be delivered to other libraries for staff use by special request.
- Kits will be inspected at check out and upon return to make sure that all items are included. Patrons will be charged the replacement cost for missing items.
- Deterioration of the kits is expected. Patrons will not be charged for basic wear and tear or the cost of replacing disposable items (i.e. batteries, ink, etc.).
- If kits are returned with excessive damage, patrons will be charged the replacement cost of damaged items.
- Kits will accrue a late fee of $0.25 per day if they are overdue.
The Eager Free Public Library opens doors for curious minds by encouraging literacy, inspiring learning, and connecting people.