1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
Read books, earn prizes
What is it?
1000 Books Before Kindergarten is a family reading project for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers. Sign up for 1000 Books Before Kindergarten to
- earn prizes at the library for every 100 book milestone.
You can also create your own rewards to celebrate as a family – like a special dinner or a trip to the bookstore!
- participate in fun activities.
- receive lots of great reading tips and book suggestions.
Why should we do it?
Reading to your child helps develop important pre-reading skills to prepare for school and to foster a love books and reading. It’s never too early to start reading to your child–it’s great for newborns too.
What’s the goal?
Read books (even the same book multiple times or books read at storytime or day care) to your newborn, infant, and/or toddler. Keep track until you reach 1,000 books.
1,000 Books Sounds like a lot, is it?
3 books per day = 1,0951books in 1 year
2 books per day = 1,0951books in 1.5 years
1 book per day = 1,0951books in 3 years
How do I get started?
- Sign up at your library, on the website, or through the app (coming soon!).
- Keep track of what you read to your child using the mobile app, paper logs from your library, or a notebook you have on hand.
Keeping a journal makes a great keepsake for you child.
- When you hit a milestone (every 100 books) show your log to your library a prize.
The Eager Free Public Library opens doors for curious minds by encouraging literacy, inspiring learning, and connecting people.
39 W. Main Street
Evansville, WI 53536
Director: Megan Kloeckner
Monday 9:30am -7:00pm
Tuesday 9:30am -7:00pm
Wednesday 9:30am -7:00pm
Thursday 9:30am -7:00pm