EARLY LITERACY PROGRAMS
Events at Orfordville Public Library
- Storytime – Ideal for ages 6 and under, but older children are also welcome. Fingerplays, action rhymes, songs, and crafts may accompany the stories.
Events Around the County
Libraries throughout the Rock County offer fun pre-literacy and skill-building programs such as Storytime, ABC Playgroup, Movers and Makers, and more for kids and families. These programs are free, and no library card is required to participate – though you can get a free library card with an ID and proof of address (like a postmarked bill).
- ABC Playgroup – Join us for a fun and free way for 3- and 4-year-olds to learn reading skills through playing, singing, talking, and writing.
- Baby Play Date – For babies ages 2 and younger, siblings are welcome.
- Dance and Play – Singing, movement activities, rhymes, and fingerplays. Whether we’re using puppets, scarves, beanbags or blocks, this 30-minute program helps to build vocabulary skills, motor skills, and creativity. Time for free play follows the program.
- Movers and Makers – Songs, dances, early literacy activities, and a hands-on art project for toddlers, preschoolers, and their caregivers.
- Music and Movement – Move, groove, swing, and sway at this musical and dance filled storytime for children ages 0-6 and their caregivers.
- Preschool Discovery Time – For kids ages 6 and younger, siblings are welcome.
- Sensory Storytime – A gentle storytime designed to engage children through movement, music, stories and sensory activities. For children with special needs ages 12 and younger and their caregivers.
- Storytime – Ideal for ages 6 and under, but older children are also welcome. Stories, fingerplays, action rhymes, songs, and crafts.