The Clinton Public Library Board of Trustees seeks an experienced Library Director to administer and lead the staff, services, programs, and outreach of the Clinton Public Library. Under the direction of the board, this position manages all aspects of library operations including but not limited to budgeting, personnel management, policy development and maintenance, collection development, services, programming, facility maintenance, marketing, and advocacy.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of three years of progressively responsible library experience or experience in a related field with a demonstrated performance at progressively increased levels of responsibility;
- Hold a Bachelors’ degree or greater from an accredited institution and have or be eligible for a regular Grade III Wisconsin Library Certificate. An MLIS degree, while highly desirable, is not required;
- Be experienced in budget preparation, management, and report writing. A background in grant writing or project management is a plus;
- Be familiar with the general operation of municipal government and leadership; act as library representative and participate in regular municipal meetings and one-on-one with village officials;
- Possess knowledge of library philosophy, guiding principles, and WI state statutes related to library operations and responsibilities;
- Have a demonstrated ability to hire, supervise, and evaluate staff and volunteers; be an energetic team leader;
- Communicate effectively both in speech and in writing; have experience in public speaking;
- Be a confident negotiator willing to advocate for library services and growth;
- Be well organized, resilient, and pro-active;
- Be able to advise, direct, inform, and work with the Clinton Public Library Board of Trustees and to engage and partner with other community organizations and businesses;
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows, Office Suite, library online catalog, and related applications and be able to manage social media, websites, e-collections, and databases.
- Be committed to serving the people of Clinton and surrounding townships and growing readers of all ages, be willing to learn about our community, residents, and history, and support and contribute to village planning goals and orient elements of library planning with overall municipal objectives.
About our community:
The Village of Clinton is located in South Central Wisconsin near the Illinois border with easy access to I-43 and I-90. We are conveniently located only a short drive away from Chicago, Rockford, Milwaukee, and Madison, providing an array of entertainment and shopping choices. We are a small community with a population of 2,100, with plans to grow the village with new subdivisions. Our library is located in our Village Hall and does have space constraints. Citizens are supportive of a new library location/building and need a leader to help facilitate a possible building project.
Compensation and Benefits
The library director position is a full-time position with an annual salary range of $45,000 to $50,000 dependent on qualifications. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health and life insurance, paid holidays and time off, sick leave, and participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System.
To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, and three work-related references to Jennifer Laatz, Library Board President, at email@example.com or mail to Village of Clinton, Attention Library Board, 301 Cross St., PO Box 129, Clinton, WI 53525.
The job posting is open until the position is filled with applications received prior to October 17th, 2020 given priority.
Substitute Library Assistant
Salary: $10.00 Hourly
Job Type: Part-Time/Occasional (12 hours/month minimum, up to 40 hours/mo.)
Closing: Open until filled with priority given to those currently employed at any ALS library. We’ll coordinate scheduling around your current job.
Summary of Job
Clinton Public Library seeks to hire a Library Assistant for part-time employment to provide excellence in patron experiences through assisting with questions, performing detailed work to ensure materials are shelved and ready for checkout, and providing a clean and safe environment.
Employees in this position will greet customers and coworkers with a welcoming smile and enthusiastically provide knowledgeable and meaningful assistance with use of Library resources. We will train the right person who possesses a positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
Clinton Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For consideration, please send a resume or application letter to Clinton Public Library, Attention: Director, PO Box 487, Clinton, WI 53525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be accepted until the job is filled with priority given to those who apply before November 6th, 2020.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Ability to perform moderately heavy physical work.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a customer-service related field is required.