EARLY LITERACY PROGRAMS
Events at Orfordville Public Library
- Storytime – Ideal for ages 6 and under, but older children are also welcome. Fingerplays, action rhymes, songs, and crafts may accompany the stories.
Events Around the County
Libraries throughout the Rock County offer fun pre-literacy and skill-building programs such as Storytime, ABC Playgroup, Movers and Makers, and more for kids and families. These programs are free, and no library card is required to participate – though you can get a free library card with an ID and proof of address (like a postmarked bill).
- ABC Playgroup – Join us for a fun and free way for 3- and 4-year-olds to learn reading skills through playing, singing, talking, and writing.
- Baby Play Date – For babies ages 2 and younger, siblings are welcome.
- Dance and Play – Singing, movement activities, rhymes, and fingerplays. Whether we’re using puppets, scarves, beanbags or blocks, this 30-minute program helps to build vocabulary skills, motor skills, and creativity. Time for free play follows the program.
- Movers and Makers – Songs, dances, early literacy activities, and a hands-on art project for toddlers, preschoolers, and their caregivers.
- Music and Movement – Move, groove, swing, and sway at this musical and dance filled storytime for children ages 0-6 and their caregivers.
- Preschool Discovery Time – For kids ages 6 and younger, siblings are welcome.
- Sensory Storytime – A gentle storytime designed to engage children through movement, music, stories and sensory activities. For children with special needs ages 12 and younger and their caregivers.
- Storytime – Ideal for ages 6 and under, but older children are also welcome. Stories, fingerplays, action rhymes, songs, and crafts.
Before you go…
Be sure to consult the library’s website or program brochure for the most up to date schedule. Breaks and changes in programming may occur.