Dated: May 29, 2020
For more information, please contact:
Kirsten Almo, Library Director,
or call 608-884-4511
Dear Edgerton Public Library Patrons,
I’m happy to announce that we are gradually reopening! Following guidelines from the Rock County Public Health Department and the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, our Library Board of Trustees has developed a reopening plan. Until Rock County is out of Phase III of the phased reopening plan, we ask that your library visits be kept brief and only be made if you are feeling well.
As the COVID-19 pandemic is constantly changing, our response must be flexible as well. Please know that we are doing our best to respond in a safe and timely manner. We will attempt to keep our website and Facebook updated. Service levels may change so always feel free to call us!
Kirsten Almo, Library Director
Effective June 1st
Our Parking Lot Pickup will continue.
Please call us if you need assistance placing holds or choosing materials. We’re happy to help you find your next favorite book.
We will also be open between 10 am – noon by appointment only.
Those needing a quick computer session, help sending a fax, use of the copy machine, or other limited service may make an appointment by calling 608-884-4511 OR sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective June 8th
Our Parking Lot Pickup will continue.
In addition, we will have open hours during limited times:
- Monday – Thursday, 10 am – noon & 2 pm – 4 pm
- Friday & Saturday, 10 am – noon
- Other times are available by appointment as staffing permits.
As this is a gradual, and phased reopening, we hope to be extending these hours soon!
We ask that patrons:
- Wear a face mask if possible. If you need a mask, the library will have a limited supply available.
- Wash or sanitize hands as often as possible. Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Maintain social distancing. Keep 6 feet between yourself and others at all times.
- Please don’t move the furniture.
- Stay home if you are feeling sick. Those experiencing COVID-19 symptoms should not visit the library and should contact their healthcare provider. Patrons may be asked to leave if they are exhibiting symptoms.
- Conduct your business quickly. Treat your visit to the library as you would a trip to the grocery store. As hard as it is, we are not encouraging collaboration, conversation or lingering in the library at this time.
- Pay fax and copy costs online or have exact change to place in our donation box.
- Use the self-check station to check out materials. Staff will be available to assist if needed.
- Return materials in the outdoor drop box. In order to quarantine materials, items will not be accepted through the return slot inside the library.
Library staff will:
- Limit occupancy. We will be open for a maximum of 20 patrons at a time.
- Increase sanitation measures. High-traffic touchpoints will be cleaned regularly.
- Computer stations will be sanitized between users.
- Wear face masks. Staff are required to wear masks while at work and in all common areas.
- Maintain social distancing. Staff will remain 6 feet from patrons at all times. This means our ability to assist may be limited.
- Remove toys and activities. Puzzles, games and other toys will be unavailable at this time.
- Limit seating and computers to allow for adequate spacing. Furniture and technology has been arranged to provide adequate space between seating options.
- Quarantine returned materials. All items returned to the library will be quarantined for 72 hours before being placed back into circulation.
Update on service:
Library Staff Assistance
Library staff are available to answer phones and offer assistance during our regularly scheduled hours. Patrons may call (608) 884-4511 or email email@example.com. Limited one-on-one assistance will be available in person as we need to follow social distancing guidelines.
During open hours, patrons are welcome to browse and checkout EPL materials in the library using the safety guidelines above. The SHARE catalog and delivery between consortium members will be opening up soon and these items can be picked up via Parking Lot Pickup. Interlibrary loans (those outside of the SHARE consortium) are not yet available.
Parking Lot Pick-Up
Patrons are encouraged to continue using Parking Lot Pickup. Service hours have been expanded:
- Monday – Thursday, 9 am – 7:30 pm
- Friday, 9 am – 4:30 pm
- Saturday, 9 am – 2:30 pm.
Due Dates and Late Fees
All items checked out prior to our closure on March 14 had due dates extended to June 10. No fines are charged between those dates. Materials currently being checked out will follow regular loan guidelines.
Computer time will be limited to one (1) hour. Due to social distancing guidelines, we can only accommodate 8 users at a time. Limited staff assistance will be available as we follow social distancing guidelines.
Conference and Meeting Rooms
Our conference room and meeting room will not be available to the public at this time.
We have expanded our digital offerings during this time. Patrons can use their library card to download and stream materials, sign up for free online classes, access subscription databases and more. Find more information on our Online Tools page.
Summer Reading Program
Readers of all ages are invited to participate in our Summer Reading Program. We have reading logs that can be picked up at the library or downloaded from our website. Activity Packets are available for pickup at the library. Additional programming may be announced as the summer goes on. Our theme: Imagine Your Story!
The Edgerton Public Library enhances quality of life by providing opportunities for personal growth, learning, and enjoyment to area residents by making available a variety of resources and expert assistance in a welcoming, comfortable facility.
101 Albion Street
Edgerton, WI 53534
Director: Kirsten Almo