Parking Lot Pick Up
Dated: April 22, 2020
The Safer at Home extension announced last week allows public libraries to begin offering “curbside pickup” for library items after the original Safer at Home order expires on April 24. We are looking forward to offering this service, but we ask for your patience as we strive to ensure the safety of our staff and patrons.
Our Parking Lot Pickup will begin Monday, April 27. Our initial service times are:
Monday – Thursday, 9 am – 2 pm AND 2:30 – 7:30 pm
Saturday, 9 am – noon
We will begin accepting email requests on April 26 and phone call requests on April 27 during service hours.
At the current time, the only items that may be requested and picked up are:
– Items you currently have waiting for you on our hold shelf
– Items that are owned by Edgerton Public Library and are currently on our shelves.
At this time there is no delivery service between libraries so we cannot request items from other SHARE libraries.
To make a request:
- Search the SHARE catalog for items that say “On Shelf” in Edgerton.
- Place these items on hold using your library card OR send your request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR call the library during open hours at 608-884-4511. For email requests, please include complete title and author information and be sure to include the name and library card number of the person making the request.
- For requests made by email or phone, you may request specific titles OR request a “grab bag.” More information about grab bags will be shared on our Facebook page, our website activity blogs, and over the phone.
- Once a staff member confirms that we have these items, arrange a pick up time. For holds you have placed yourself, please call the library to arrange a pick up time.Pick up time should be the following day or the day after that.If you’re unable to arrive during your pick up time, please call the library so we can make other arrangements.
To pick up your items:
- Park in one of the stalls near the door on the parking lot side of the building.
- From your closed car window, show the staff your library card number OR a photo ID.
- Staff member will leave your book bag on the cart near the library door.
- Once the staff member gives you a “thumbs up,” you may exit your car to pick up your items!
- If you’re in the parking lot and we miss you, please give us a call! 608-884-4511
Our staff members will be wearing masks in the parking lot. All items that we are checking out will have been in quarantine for at least 72 hours. We cannot ensure a virus free environment, but we are doing our best by limiting the number of people working and handling items and following CDC guidelines for handwashing and cleaning.
Please practice social distancing of at least 6 feet if someone happens to be in the parking lot area at the same time as you.
Other library updates include the following:
- We will reopen our book drop on Monday, April 27 and quarantine items for at least 72 hour before checking them in. You do not need to hurry in to return items!
- All due dates have been extended until June 9, 2020.
- Library card expiration dates have been extended until August, 2020.
- Our digital services remain open and available 24/7!
- The physical library will remain closed until at least May 26, 2020.
- Our reopening will follow guidelines set up in the “Badger Bounce Back” plan with gradual phases of services being brought back.
Edgerton Public Library – https://www.als.lib.wi.us/EPL/
Wisconsin Department of Health Services – https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/
Wisconsin Executive Order #28 Safer at Home – https://evers.wi.gov/Documents/COVID19/EMO28-SaferAtHome.pdf
Badger Bounce Back plan – https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/publications/p02653a.pdf
For more information, please contact:
Kirsten Almo, Library Director, email@example.com
Or call 608-884-4511
The Edgerton Public Library enhances quality of life by providing opportunities for personal growth, learning, and enjoyment to area residents by making available a variety of resources and expert assistance in a welcoming, comfortable facility.
101 Albion Street
Edgerton, WI 53534
Director: Kirsten Almo
Monday: 9 AM – 8 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM – 8 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM – 8 PM
Thursday: 9 AM – 8 PM
Friday: 9 AM – 5 PM
Saturday: 9 AM – 3 PM